Wednesday, July 10, 2013

THINGS ABOUT MY TWIN PREGNANCY

Last week marked the 28th week of my twin pregnancy. Therefore, my check-up routine would not be set in a month's time anymore. It has been re-scheduled to two weeks' time since twin pregnancy is said to be a high-risk pregnancy so the idea of seeing your O&G regularly might help in encountering any sticky situations that might crop up later in time. 

For every single check-up done previously, my O&G (Dr. Suriati of Kuantan Medical Centre) confirmed that both of them are boys. When we told Azalea that she's gonna get a couple of kid brothers, she was so overwhelmed with joy and excitement. Every night she rubs and kisses my tum tum without fail. Not to mention the times where she would help me with the dishes and even give me a massage at the back whenever I need one. Just so you know, superstitious beliefs have null value in my life but I seriously think that one of the old wives' tales about opposite attraction can sometimes be plausible. Azalea is so undetachable from my tummy and I reckon it is due to the fact that I'm carrying two boys! Deep down inside my heart I always pray that she would still portray her random acts of kindness to me and be a good sister to her incoming baby brothers. Aameeenn.

During the first trimester, I lost a few kgs due to morning sickness. Sheesh, I couldnt believe it, morning sickness is nothing fun at all. When I was pregnant with Azalea, I barely vomited.Thrice, yes I vomited for only 3 times throughout my prior pregnancy. So, this whole thing about morning sickness was somewhat new to me. The first trimester is the period of adjusting, so, for me, I had a hard time adjusting to whatever stuff that I had to adjust myself with; hormonal and body changes in particular. I was also swarmed with negative behavior, thinking, aura etc and I felt stress out about a lot of things. None of these occurred during my first pregnancy. Thus, it is affirmative that every pregnancy is different from each other so let's embrace and treasure each pregnancy as if we have never been preggie before :)

From my last visit, I have discovered that:

1) one of them weighed at 900g and in a normal position
    whilst, the the other one weighed at 700g but in a breech position,
2) my placenta was in a low-lying position,
3) and that I might go into labour 3 weeks earlier, in week 37 or so.
4) I gained another 4 kg!

In terms of the boys' weight, nothing is peculiar. But a low-lying placenta is no good because Dr Suriati said I might be experiencing bleeding starting from week 32 and onwards (ok this troubles me much). Nevertheless, she assured me that it could move up on its own but if it still remained at the same position, a c-sect would likely be the answer. oh no!I was dumbstruck! and I know, there is no one that I can turn into except the Most Merciful and Kindness of all. O Dear Allah, please let me go through the natural birthing process again. Aameennn.


No comments:

Post a Comment